- 1/4 pound bacon (about 4 strips)
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, cut into 1-inch-thick rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 1 cup beer (preferably a light lager)
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (29 ounces or two 15-ounce cans) cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cups diced leftover chicken
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 400.
In a large oven-proof skillet, brown the bacon over medium heat until it crisps and renders much of its fat, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
Add the sausage to the pan and cook, stirring , until well browned, about 8 minutes.
Add garlic and cook, stirring until it sizzles steadily but doesn't quite brown, about 1 minute.
Add beer and cook, stirring, until it almost completely reduces, about 2 minutes.
Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, stir in the beans, rosemary and chicken and simmer for 5 minutes to heat through.
Stir in Parmesan, season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle evenly with the bread crumbs. Transfer to oven and bake until the crumbs brown and crisp, about 25 minutes. Let sit for a few minutes, then serve with a sprinkling of bacon.
Thanks to Freep
Post a Comment