- 2 (16-oz.) jars dill pickle sandwich slices, drain
- 1 large egg
- 1 (12-oz.) can beer
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil
- Spicy Ranch Dipping Sauce
1. Pat pickles dry with paper towels.
2. Whisk together egg and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; add 1 1/2 cups flour, and whisk until smooth.
3. Pour oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches into a large heavy skillet or Dutch oven; heat over medium-high heat to 375°.
4. Dip pickle slices into batter, allowing excess batter to drip off. Fry pickles, in batches, 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Drain and pat dry on paper towels; serve immediately with Spicy Ranch Dipping Sauce.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Vlasic Kosher Dill Stackers.
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Thanks to Southern Living, JULY 2007
Post a Comment