- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1 slice firm country-style bread, about 4 inches square by 1/2 inch thick, lightly toasted
- 1 wide slice cooked turkey bacon, cut in half crosswise*
- 1/3 cup shredded or thinly sliced sharp aged cheddar cheese
Spread the mustard on the toasted bread. Add the bacon pieces side by side and cover with the cheese. Broil in an oven or toaster oven just until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Spoon the beer-glazed onions over the cheese and serve.
*NOTE: If using pork bacon, the slices should be cooked first.
Per serving: 420 calories, 17 g protein, 30 g carbohydrates, 24 g fat, 53 mg cholesterol, 10 g saturated fat, 767 mg sodium, 2 g dietary fiber