- 3 cups sifted White Lily self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 envelopes Goya ham flavoring
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated sharp Cheddar
- 1/2 cup cooked real bacon pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
In food processor fitted with the chopping blade, first 4 ingredients Add butter. Process in pulses until it resembles meal. Stir in cheese and bacon. Package airtight and store in the refrigerator. Give along with a bottle of beer and baking instructions.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-by-5-inch bread pan. Empty contents of package into a mixing bowl. Make a well in center of ingredients. Pour beer into well. Stir by hand just until ingredients are blended. Spread batter evenly in bread pan. Bake 40 to 50 minutes, until bread sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from
oven and place on cooling rack for 5 minutes. Remove bread from pan. Bread slices cleaner and neater if allowed to cool before slicing. Makes 1 loaf.
Thanks to Peggy at Cajun Cooking Recipes
Post a Comment