Beer-Basted Asian Chicken
- 4 lbs. whole chicken
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) beer
- 1/2 cup MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
PLACE chicken in large, heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Add beer, soy sauce, lime juice, sugar, cilantro, ginger, garlic and oil. Marinate, turning chicken occasionally, for at least 4 hours or overnight.
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Place chicken and marinade in 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
BAKE, basting occasionally, for 1 hour 20 minutes or until juices run clear when thigh is pierced. Transfer chicken to platter.
STRAIN pan juices into medium saucepan; spoon off fat and discard if necessary. Boil for 6 to 8 minutes or until sauce is reduced to about 1 cup. Serve sauce with chicken.
(Makes 4 servings)
Thanks to BBD