- 6 Italian sausages (hot or mild)
- 1 16oz. bottle of beer (the darker the better)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow or white onion, sliced thin
- 2 bell peppers (any color) stem/seeds removed and sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, cracked and sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 demi baguettes or hoagie rolls, split and slightly hollowed
- 12 thin slices of Provolone cheese
Add sausages to a large saucepan, cover with beer and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer 10-15 minutes, until firm.
In a second large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium high heat, then add onions, peppers and salt; sauté for 8-10 minutes.
Add tomato, garlic and pepper stir well and cook for two minutes. Turn off heat and cover until ready to use.
You have two options on finishing the sausages: you can drain the sausages, return the pan to stove, increase heat to medium high, drizzle with olive oil and cook until browned and casings are crispy. Or you can remove sausages from beer and place on a hot grill pan or BBQ grill and grill until browned.
To assemble sandwiches; Lay two slices of cheese inside of bread, add about one tablespoon onions and peppers add sausage then top with more onions and peppers.
Makes six sandwiches.
Thanks to helenair.com
Post a Comment